|Our Number 9|
- We're going to call RW's lineup a 4-4-2. It didn't look like a diamond in the midfield to us, as the boys played rather flat in the middle. Also, GBS dropped back pretty early on, so although the shape was sort-of a 4-4-2, the team didn't play like it for most of the game once Schelotto's instincts took over.
- Speaking of which, why does RW insist on pushing GBS up top? He didn't contribute much tonight and looked frustrated. He needs to play back and be given free reign to roam the middle of the field. Playing Renteria as the lone striker seems like a no-brainer to us.
- Renteria is big and tough so why try to draw fouls? We love him up top though. Neither NY nor HOU could really handle him and he draws a lot of attention creating space for other players. Let's hope he keeps his starting job when Lenhart gets back.
- We like Ekpo on the left. He really held that side of the field down and was unselfish and creative during the attack phase. He plays smart and has skills. We think both he and Renteria have shown they belong in the XI.
- We think this might have been the best Crew lineup of the year; granted, we were playing an inferior opponent. But if GBS could have been dropped back in the center from the start, we think we would have been tough and organized and dangerous.
- Rogers looks out of position on the right. Not to keep hammering him, but sometimes he looks like he doesn't have a clue what he's doing or supposed to be doing. In fact, both he and GBS seemed out of position. Against teams like LA and RSL, the team can't afford not to be getting full production out of each and every player.
- Houston is a mess. They've got some dangerous players who can attack but they simply aren't as organized as the Crew nor are they as big physically, which we thought was causing them problems (three yellow cards, for example). It will take a miracle for them to make the playoffs, nor should they unless they show marked improvement.
- I'm not sure we were running up the score, but the third goal certainly will be remembered by HOU and their fans.
- Te Amo Columbus! Columbus Te Amo! 'Till I die!