- David Beckham will never play again for an MLS team. The reports that he is considering staying at AC Milan and not returning to LA are understated. He absolutely is not returning to LA.
- The United States Men’s National Team will defeat Mexico on Feb. 11 at Crew Stadium. The score will be 2-1. Sacha Kljestan will score the first goal. Robbie Rogers will score the second.
- The Crew will find a way to sign Boca Juniors veteran Martin Palermo, through a combination of dropping 1 or two bottom senior roster players, such as Jason Garey, and the undisclosed allocation money that was extorted from Seattle. An excellent analysis of the Crew salary situation is at Crewture.
- Congratulations to former Crew Keeper and Ohio native Brad Friedel who continued his EPL record consecutive appearance streak with his 175th game on Tuesday, a 1-0 shutout victory for Aston Villa over Pompey at Fratton Park. There’s no coverage of this in the Columbus Dispatch and probably never will be.
- There is coverage of a women’s basketball game tonight between Capital and Willmington that will be broadcast on WFCO radio 90.9 FM, according to the Dispatch. Also, there’s a 541-word story in today’s Dispatch about who Jack Hanna thinks will win the Super Bowl.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
El Luchador has some shout-outs, observations and predictions: